Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to DWF: set default to DWF not DWFx

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mmermel
657 Views, 4 Replies

Export to DWF: set default to DWF not DWFx

Is there a way to set my default DWF format to DWF instead of DWFx?  My plotter does not currently recognize the DWFx as a valid format, probably because of some issue I have not had time to look into.

Thanks

Mitch

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jd
Explorer
in reply to: mmermel

Did you find a solution? We have searches for a way to change the default as well.

Thanks

Jens

Message 3 of 5
mradamdavis
in reply to: jd

when asked to save your DWF/DWFx file, use the drop down to select what type you would like to use.  Hope it helps

Message 4 of 5
mmermel

Sorry, but that does not help.  I already know about that.  The problem is that no matter how much you educate people about the setting they must use, they forget about it.  That means that if I never want anyone to accidentally plot to a DWFx, I need a way to set DWF as a default.

M

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun

We have that issue too, with Worksets and DWFs. My solution was to make each user wear a reminder WWJD bracelet. (We Want Just .DWFs!). But there may be converters out there that might be faster than re-plotting.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report