Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export New and Exist layers from Revit to cad

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
jarrad27
10935 Views, 30 Replies

Export New and Exist layers from Revit to cad

I am playing around with layer mapping in Revit. I can easily modify the layers to export to Autocad. In autocad, we use exist and new layers. (M-Equip-exist, M-Equip-new). Is there a way to associate the layer mapping to the phase in revit? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Jarrad27

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
David125
in reply to: jarrad27

I don't have {Phase Created} option, I'm using Revit 2016. Any suggestions?

Message 22 of 31
RobDraw
in reply to: David125

You do have that option unless something is wrong. Review the steps again.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 23 of 31
David125
in reply to: RobDraw

Got it, it works. Thanks.

Message 24 of 31
katiegailking
in reply to: David125

Hello, using Revit 2018 

I'm using Phase Created with many different systems. Each Phase must be a certain color. How can I force the color ID for the modifier to overwrite the category ID color?

thank you

Message 25 of 31
ToanDN
in reply to: katiegailking

Capture.PNG

Message 26 of 31
katiegailking
in reply to: ToanDN

As you see, I have assigned a color ID to each phase. I left the color ID blank per category. 

1of2.JPG2of2.JPG

Message 27 of 31
ToanDN

It seems to work here - Revit 2017.2.3.

Capture.PNG

Message 28 of 31
katiegailking

I'm looking into Materials as well per pipe type. 

here is what i'm looking at. Using Navis to cache out the dwg. As you see, my Phase Created modifier works yet you see one that is D? For whatever reason, all my Pipe fittings are on that one. Even tho all of them are on the current phase per revit properties.  The green/blue pipe, all should be color 94 (the green one) yet the blue accessories and a few elbows are blue. All same phase. I'm completely stumped. 

colors.JPG

Message 29 of 31

I edit the material to be the same color as I placed in the export settings, it worked. 

Now why those elbows are going on a Layer "D" is beyond me right now. They are all on a phase. 

thank you for repsonding

Message 30 of 31
ToanDN

When I tested the elbows and accessories are in the correct layers in AutoCAD.  But if you edit block an elbow you will see the geometry inside the block belongs to a layer different (D?) other than the layer of the block itself.  I suspected Navisworks reporting the source layer instead of the block layer so you see D instead of the Phase Layer. 

In the CAD realm, geometry inside a block should always be in Layer 0 and Color By Block but I guess Revit programmers do not belong to this realm.

Message 31 of 31
katiegailking

Sorry for the very late reply but I did manage to get it to work as I wanted.  the layer modifiers were applied to the blocks within the "master" block. I had my cad guy update a command to fix that post export and it works great. No more "D" layer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report