Revit MEP

Revit MEP

Active Contributor
ruidavid
Message 1 of 1 (342 Views)

Export HVAC PROJECT RVT for DWG - Objectives and presentation problems

342 Views, 0 Replies
02-19-2012 11:19 AM

I am trying by now to configure my revit files tenplate export to dwg.

I pretend: 1) Preserve duct, piping, mechanical equipmente in others with the same colors, layer thiknesses, layer type (example dashdot, continuous,...) Line type scale. 

2) Each duct type system as filters (Example: supply, return, exaust, special filters for sanitary instalations,...) has an addicional layer for each one of them,

3) I want that round ducts happear with center line at dahdot

4) I usually export from hidden line, and Î want to preserve it in cad file as I saw in revit

Trying to get this: I have actionned the issue in the template of export dwg that gives me a layer for each type,

I have choose the option in export settings of get as I see in revit instead of the predefined layers that we have in the first menu at the export dwg settings, I have defined an overhead line for center line at round ducts and with a filter I made round duct type families as ghost surfces I am having several problems with:1) When I export to dwg almost all of the time I got to make a recover or I loose all the file!!!

2) All tees, elbows in others duct accessories has none center line and are being exported as blocks with a deficient presentation color for example in a green duct the respectve tee gets a litle bit white. I have been exploding all of these block to get good presentation results. It is very frustating.

3)With the configuration I gave to get my center lines in round ducts, I have another tedious and frustating problem, When I have two round ducts crossing each other in the same ceiling and at diferent offsets, indwg file I see all lines below the duct above as blank lines and in very small group of lines. These force me to make trim over trim everytime this happens. 

I hope some of you give me the help I am in need.

Thank you all,Rui

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.