Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Air Ducts with different Layer

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
marco.defina
1344 Views, 4 Replies

Export Air Ducts with different Layer

Hello,

I'm setting my revit with my Standard Layer I'm using in AutoCad.

For Example i need to have different Layer for different System of Ducts:

1.JPG

Ok, i can select in Export setting the different classification system:

2.JPG

At the end i need to have everytime the prefix of HVAC and the 3 different Layer have all the same color in dwg export (change only object color).

Cattura.JPG

Is a solution for this? i will have this result:

32.JPG

Thank you

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: marco.defina

You can configure Layer Modifiers to separate the Ducts into separate Layers. Under the "Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup" dialog, select the appropriate Categories (CTRL+click) and then click "Add/Edit..." under the "Layer Modifiers" field. In the following dialog, you can add the "{System Type}" Modifier along with any Separators you want, like a dash, and click OK. Next, scroll down towards the bottom of the list to "Modifiers". Expand that to reveal the list of System Types in the Project. Here, you can specify what text is added to the AutoCAD Layer (the "Layer" field) and what color that Layer will be (the "Color ID" field).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
marco.defina
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Export all properties BYLAYER, and create new layers for overrides

This is the solution for my troubles...Thank youSmiley Happy

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 4 of 5
marco.defina
in reply to: marco.defina

Hello,

i found some trouble with export...There is not the possibility to make new classification system, so i can't create a good Layer export.

So i try to use the System type but revit extract the name of type system with a number everytime.

For esample:

Classification system: Supply Air (standard system of revit)

System type: Air Conference Room

I try to extract in dwg with type system, and the result is:

Air Conference Room 1

Air Conference Room 2

Air Conference Room 3

This why i have 3 separate ducts...

It's a trick to have only one Layer? Air Conference Room for all three ducts?

Message 5 of 5
ahmed30817027
in reply to: CoreyDaun

after try this solution i found that all fitting on the same system exported on the same layer ,, 
please if you know any way to change that tell me ?

" I am try to export every system name on different layer "  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report