Revit MEP

scottseykora
Message 1 of 2 (285 Views)

Existing Electrical Loads

285 Views, 1 Replies
11-01-2011 09:38 AM

I am doing an electrical design project on an existing building.  

Does anybody have a good strategy for assigning/estimating the existing electrical loads?

Is there anyway to do some sort of hybrid panel schedule that will accept manual input and modeled loads.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (283 Views)

Re: Existing Electrical Loads

11-01-2011 09:43 AM in reply to: scottseykora

If you are not concerned with the load classifications, you can assign a Spare along with a name and load. Otherwise, I would suggest creating an "Existing Load" Family and assign it to a Category that you do not use and can keep turned off (i.e. Site). Draw a box and put an electrical connector on it, and make Voltage, Number of Poles, etc. Instance parameters. Place one instance of this family to simulate one existing load.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.