Revit MEP

amdespGPI
Message 1 of 4 (925 Views)

Error while trying to Connect Pipes and Pipe fittings

925 Views, 3 Replies
09-24-2013 07:16 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the discussion group so I'm unsure what to include exactly but here I go.

I am working in Revit MEP 2013 modeling existing pipe work and duct work using a point cloud.  Well inserting the pipes and fittings I receive the error shown in the image which states:

"The routing solution failed because there is no default fitting type specified ot the fitting cannot be

found in the project.  Ensure the fitting is loaded in the project and try again."

I am kind of new to working with pipes and duct work so this could be a simple fix but I'm just lost. If anyone can shine some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

April

*Expert Elite*
abulla
Message 2 of 4 (915 Views)

Re: Error while trying to Connect Pipes and Pipe fittings

09-24-2013 08:01 AM in reply to: amdespGPI
Check your pipe routing preferences and make sure there are the proper fittings loaded. Click on a pipe, go to type properties, and click on "Routing Preferences". Then make sure you have families selected for each fitting type. You can click on Load Family if you need to add fittings.
amdespGPI
Message 3 of 4 (866 Views)

09-25-2013 08:04 AM in reply to: amdespGPI

Thank you! This worked. Do you happen to have any idea how to change the size of a conduit junction box?

i tried to duplicate and edit the family and it wouldn't allow me to change anything.

*Expert Elite*
abulla
Message 4 of 4 (857 Views)

09-25-2013 08:53 AM in reply to: amdespGPI
It looks like the out of the box conduit junction box fitting size is driven by the size of the conduit connected to it. You may have to create a custom family if you want a different sized box.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!