Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to Connect Pipes and Pipe fittings

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
amdespGPI
17363 Views, 12 Replies

Error while trying to Connect Pipes and Pipe fittings

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the discussion group so I'm unsure what to include exactly but here I go.

I am working in Revit MEP 2013 modeling existing pipe work and duct work using a point cloud.  Well inserting the pipes and fittings I receive the error shown in the image which states:

"The routing solution failed because there is no default fitting type specified ot the fitting cannot be

found in the project.  Ensure the fitting is loaded in the project and try again."

I am kind of new to working with pipes and duct work so this could be a simple fix but I'm just lost. If anyone can shine some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

April

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
abulla
in reply to: amdespGPI

Check your pipe routing preferences and make sure there are the proper fittings loaded. Click on a pipe, go to type properties, and click on "Routing Preferences". Then make sure you have families selected for each fitting type. You can click on Load Family if you need to add fittings.
Message 3 of 13
amdespGPI

Thank you! This worked. Do you happen to have any idea how to change the size of a conduit junction box?

i tried to duplicate and edit the family and it wouldn't allow me to change anything.

Message 4 of 13
abulla

It looks like the out of the box conduit junction box fitting size is driven by the size of the conduit connected to it. You may have to create a custom family if you want a different sized box.
Message 5 of 13
MKrickS4URW
in reply to: abulla

Thanks, I had uploaded the pipe fittings but never thought to look in the preferences.

Message 6 of 13
bdawsonC9Z7Q
in reply to: abulla

I got this message while I was working yesterday (in 2017) - The routing solution failed because there is no default fitting type specified or the fitting cannot be found in the project. Ensure the fitting is loaded in the project and try again. How did everything get set to none or get unloaded, while I was working?

Message 7 of 13
kmcclure2021
in reply to: bdawsonC9Z7Q

Capture.PNG

Under the Fitting menu pick a Bend, Tee, Cross, Transition, & Union. These will be your default fittings and it solves the problem. 

Message 8 of 13
Jimmy40165

I change the Routing Preferences and they just revert back to what they were when I hit "ok".

Message 9 of 13
iainsavage
in reply to: Jimmy40165

Post screenshots, or upload a video or upload the project file.

Message 10 of 13
Jimmy40165
in reply to: iainsavage

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, I didn't know how I could ever get an answer to my questions. At this time I am having so many problems with piping that I can't begin to ask an intelligent question. Perhaps you could refer me to a tutorial. 

Message 11 of 13
iainsavage

I'm sure someone could point you towards suitable tutorials but regarding your initial post please provide more information so that someone can solve that routing preferences problem for you - you'll get absolutely nowhere with either piping or ducting if you don't have routing preferences set up.

Many of the Autodesk default templates do not have pipe fittings loaded and therefore do not have routing preferences set, so this is a common problem for beginners.

Message 12 of 13
Jimmy40165
in reply to: iainsavage

I am using the same pipe and fittings in the same view but I repeatedly get this message :                                                     "The routing solution failed because there is no default fitting type specified or the fitting cannot be found in the project. Ensure the fitting is loaded in the project and try again."

Message 13 of 13
iainsavage

You have not set up the routing preferences.

Please take a screenshot of your routing preferences and copy/paste them into your reply, or even better upload your project file using the "Attachments" box below your reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report