Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment Families Spanning Mutiple Floors

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
SLDBrown
273 Views, 2 Replies

Equipment Families Spanning Mutiple Floors

Hello All,

I am building large items of equipment for a three story development. Some items of equipment span from the basement to the third floor. Currently, if I'm working in a basement plan, I am seeing the top of the equipment all the way to the third floor. How can I get the equipment to mask itself beyond my cut plane settings?

Regards,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: SLDBrown

Unfortunately, only certain Categories are "cuttable" (such as Generic Models) and the MEP Categories in general are not. The only way I can immediately think of is to model each "vertical section" as an nested Shared Family. Then, in the Project, each nested component's visibility will be determined on an individual basis. If you can elaborate on what you're dealing with here, perhaps a more definitive solution can be found?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
SLDBrown
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I can categorize my equipment as a generic model and doing so will serve my purpose. Your second suggestion was my plan B. Thanks for that excellent nugget of information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report