Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

energy calculations basis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
547 Views, 5 Replies

energy calculations basis

Any one knows what formulas or standards that Revit MEP uses in the energy and load calculations and if there is any validation studies or documents to this.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

IES that does the calcs is a 3rd party app. They have a website - http://www.iesve.com/content/default.asp I didn't hunt through it to see if it has that info, but if it doesnt you can contact them directly.
Message 3 of 6
KyleB_Autodesk

Abaza,
Revit MEP carries out Heating and Cooling Load calculations through the IES Virtual Environment (VE). Specifically, we utilize the ApacheLoads module inside of the VE to carry out the calculation.

The ApacheLoads module carries out the calculations using the ASHRAE Heat Balance Method as defined in the ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals 2005. I have attached the documentation on the calculation methodology, which is also contained in our Help documentation.

If there's a question about the accuracy of the calculations, ultimately it's a question to ASHRAE about the accuracy of the Heat Balance method.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager
http://inside-the-system.typepad.com Message was edited by: Kyle B [Autodesk]

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
tomislav_zigo

Kyle,

Thanks for posting this excellent white paper!

Tomislav
Message 5 of 6
cramail
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Kyle,

Could you please give an update on this subject?  Does Revit currently use the same calculation methods for Energy analysis inside of Revit Building Design Suite 2014 and 2015?

Thank you

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Hi Kyle,

As far as I know the IES plugin is only available for Revit MEP 2013 and newer versions are not developed yet.

Is that correct?

Does it mean that someone with Revit 2014 and 2015 cannot get that plugin yet?

I am on 2014 and I had no success so far installing IES Revit pugin.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mehdi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report