Revit MEP

Contributor
SAicieng
Message 1 of 5 (1,108 Views)

Emergency Light Filled region

1108 Views, 4 Replies
02-15-2013 10:22 AM

Hi, I'm a Revit noob and I've been searching for solutions to my problem but can't seem to find something that works for me. I'm using an OOTB recessed light fixture - two ballast and trying to create a filled region to designate an emergency light that would be controlled by a yes/no parameter. However there is no option to create a filled region. I've found a thread that suggested making a solid form that extruded 1/16" but that didn't seem to work. I was able to make an outlet that had different filled regions to distinguish between GFCI, Emergency and Isolated ground with the yes/no parameter and that works like a charm...if only I can do that with the lights.

Any help or suggestion would be great!!!

Active Contributor
DMaurer-Veca
Message 2 of 5 (1,102 Views)

Re: Emergency Light Filled region

02-15-2013 11:00 AM in reply to: SAicieng

I used the attached instructions to build the hatching region for emergency fixtures. It flexes with the different fixture sizes (2x4 or 2x2) but I haven't figured out the on/off perameter (which would be nice). Good luck

Diane M
Mentor
dtiemeyer
Message 3 of 5 (1,079 Views)

02-15-2013 01:56 PM in reply to: SAicieng

If you create a detail item that is a solid fill with the 90 degree corner of the triangle at the intersection of the reference planes, this item can be loaded into your light fixture family and the 2 necessary edges can be locked to the two sides of your light fixture. then link it to a yes/no parameter.

Striving to be a WOMBAT, Waste Of Money, Brains, & Talent...

⁞|⁞ Please use the Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you!
Contributor
SAicieng
Message 4 of 5 (1,070 Views)

02-15-2013 03:06 PM in reply to: dtiemeyer

Thanks for your help! I ended up creating the detail item of the filled region and made parameters for the length and width. Then I brought that into the fixture family and set the filled region values to the fixtures length and width and made the yes/no parameter. Works like a charm! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
SAicieng
Message 5 of 5 (1,067 Views)

02-15-2013 03:25 PM in reply to: DMaurer-Veca

DMaurer-Veca wrote:

I used the attached instructions to build the hatching region for emergency fixtures. It flexes with the different fixture sizes (2x4 or 2x2) but I haven't figured out the on/off perameter (which would be nice). Good luck

When you bring in the hatch region, select it and uncheck the Visible box (unless you want the default hatch ) and click on the little box next to that. Add an instance parameter (I called mine EM Light) and load back into your project. In the properties there will be an "EM Light" box to check/uncheck. Hope this helps. Oh and this is for Revit 2013.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.