Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elevation tag does not match placement height

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
LynR
871 Views, 10 Replies

elevation tag does not match placement height

This is the first project I've done with REAL conduit so please bear with me.

I have placed all my conduit measured from 0 to the bottom of the conduit. Now that I am trying to tag it I am getting different dimensions, looking at the properties it seems like it might really be placed on center. If I measure it in a sectional view I am getting the same as the tag! ( I have another project where the conduit was placed on center but the tags were to bottom and this is showing up correct) Is this a bug?

Please help these measurements are critical to 1/8" and I need to get working drawings finished.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
chepe.meme
in reply to: LynR

The family tag is the problem im think, family read center elevation because in the family the Label parameter is "Start Offset" or "End Offset". Edit the family tag and change the Label Parameter for "Bottom Elevation"

If you dont know hoy edit the family, say it and i will try to help with a mini tutorial.

Message 3 of 11
LynR
in reply to: chepe.meme

I have edited objects before but I don't know how to edit the tag, it seems
to be made up of different files.
Message 4 of 11
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Since the other user did show you how to edit a tag here is a video. please take a look at it and see what is the paramater that is been added within this label.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/3e947e34-72f6-41a1-9c36-8843245a1455

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 11
LynR
in reply to: chepe.meme

Actually I'm not sure the tag is the problem. It looks to me like the conduit is not getting placed dimensioned "to the bottom" when I select that option. I checked another project and it seems to be the same. I don't know what is going on, I have been waiting for a reply to mysubscription support request but so far not even a notification that the request has been received!

Message 6 of 11
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Tag is taking project setting. So if you go to manage--project units--Length and change the rounding to 1/256.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 7 of 11
LynR
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

I think you have misunderstood what my query is.

If I want to place a conduit at 12’ 3 1/8” measured to the bottom of the conduit (different sizes need to be aligned) , I select conduit, put in the offset distance, select vertical justification = bottom , - why does the conduit get placed at 12’ 3 1/8” to the center? It shows on the properties that the bottom is 12’ 2 7/156”, I don’t dispute that, but I was trying to place the conduit measuring to the bottom, it just doesn’t seem to work.

Lynda

Message 8 of 11
smbrennan

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you have misunderstood what my query is.

If I want to place a conduit at 12’ 3 1/8” measured to the bottom of the conduit (different sizes need to be aligned) , I select conduit, put in the offset distance, select vertical justification = bottom , - why does the conduit get placed at 12’ 3 1/8” to the center? It shows on the properties that the bottom is 12’ 2 7/156”, I don’t dispute that, but I was trying to place the conduit measuring to the bottom, it just doesn’t seem to work.

Typically this sort of information is beneficial and should be included in your first post. Without knowing the steps you took to produce a problem, we can't properly help.

Nonetheless, you are correct. There seems to be a bug in the way that Revit is inserting Conduit. I tested this on both 2015 & 2014. Even once you set the Vertical Justification, the Properties Pallate updates, but the final location is based off of Middle, regardless of your setting. It's almost like the Vertical Justification is there just for show.

I recommend following my link below to provide feedback about the product. I will do the same - the more the merrier.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 9 of 11
LynR
in reply to: smbrennan

Thank you for your help and I apologise for not having made myself clear
from the beginning.
Message 10 of 11
LynR
in reply to: smbrennan

Spoiler
I finally got a reply from the help people and I thought you might be interested.
Spoiler
They say that the elevation justification is only for joining two conduits (pipes) of different sizes. It seems that we still just have glorified plumbing pipes and not real conduit. No wonder it gets confusing, I have told them that conduit is never connected this way, the option should at least be greyed out.
Message 11 of 11
smbrennan

Thanks for updating on what you found out. Good to know.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report