Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elements in the floor below are selectable

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tbrown6608
726 Views, 3 Replies

Elements in the floor below are selectable

I have recently upgraded to Revit MEP 2012, since this upgrade in a floor plan I can select elements from the floor below even tho the elements are not visible nor are they in the extents of the view range. One of the problems this causes is when drawing duct and I assume likewise for piping. If I draw a duct up to a point on the second floor and there is a duct at or near that location on the floor below the duct will drop and connect to the duct on the floor below. I don't think I need to go into how that can be a problem. Another problem this causes is when I window select. What happens is where I click to start window and if there is an element in this location on the floor below and I'll grab it and drag it across the building. I've adapted to this issue by keeping my finger above the "esc" key when window selecting but there are people in my office who are not as aware as I am in Revit and since the element from below isn't visible in the floor plan it can easy go unnoticed that it has moved. Has anyone else encountered any of this or found any way to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
abulla
in reply to: tbrown6608

For some reason in 2012, the Underlay sets to the floor below. Check that and set it to "none" if so.

Message 3 of 4
tbrown6608
in reply to: abulla

Excellent! That worked. Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
mmcglone
in reply to: tbrown6608

you should select accept as solution for his post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report