Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical - Wiring Tick Mark - Gone Wild

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
baggio100
4229 Views, 8 Replies

Electrical - Wiring Tick Mark - Gone Wild

Hello -

For some strange reason the wiring on my electrical lighting plan has gone awry. Suddenly there are tick marks on all my wiring instead on an isolated few. I'm not sure how this happened. Maybe a setting change? Any help is truly appreciated.

- HT

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
abulla
in reply to: baggio100

Check your wiring settings under Electrical Settings, and change the "Show Tick Marks" option to either "home runs only" or "never".

Tick_marks.png

Message 3 of 9
baggio100

Thank you for the response. I'm curius if you know how the addition of tick marks could have happened. Most of the original wires on the lighting plan did not have any tick mark and the hot, neutral and ground connectors had "0". The next day, all of those wires had "1" hot, "1" neutral, and "1" ground added. The wires that did have tick marks, "1" hot, "1" neutral, and "1" ground were added to the count as well.

While the settings you screen captured is very useful, I don't think it is the cause of the addition of tick marks.

- HT

Message 4 of 9
abulla

Hmm. Did you start circuiting things? I noticed that tick marks won't show up unless the element has been circuited.

Message 5 of 9
BIMAbhi
in reply to: abulla

Can any one suggest how we change the electrical wire type arrow head (mainly size). We have attached a snap for your refrence.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 6 of 9
BIMAbhi
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Waiting for anyone reply on the issue. Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 7 of 9
CoreyDaun

My apologies for the delay of response. I do not believe that it's currently possible (as of Revit 2014) to change the arrowhead style for wiring homeruns.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 9
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

you can not edit the size of you (Home run Arrow), even if you go to Visbitily/Graphics, you can change the color but not the thickness.

what you could do is to create another family that goes above this arrow and hide it and use you own family to setup the size of it.

you could create your wish list by visiting this link 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 9 of 9
BIMAbhi

Thanks for your feedback. We have posted this issue in your mentioned link. Hope this feature will come in near future release of Revit.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report