Revit MEP

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 11 of 30 (438 Views)

Re: Electrical Panel will not re-host.

03-07-2012 08:26 AM in reply to: apaupert

That much I couldn't tell ya. We haven't had any problems as of yet, but then again we haven't had hundreds of Ref. Planes either. We do turn off the Ref. Planes in the Arch Link to keep things cleaner.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Contributor
apaupert
Message 12 of 30 (435 Views)

03-07-2012 08:35 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I'd prefer your suggested method as it's a good preventative measure and doesn't force me to dumb down the product.

I have the issue today where I want to move one panel to another wall but can't because the "Pick New" is greyed out and it's all locked up similar to the previous posts here. With 156 panels, thats 156 ref planes... Can Chris comment on the amount of ref planes? Is this going to negatively impact the model?

Thanks

Contributor
apaupert
Message 13 of 30 (431 Views)

03-07-2012 08:37 AM in reply to: apaupert

Actually it will not be 156 ref planes as I'm sure some panels will share ref planes

Contributor
IanY5058
Message 14 of 30 (429 Views)

03-07-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: apaupert

...better yet, could Autodesk put some concerted effort to fixing this?

Seems like it is a big issue that has been lingering. Electrical gets no respect man! :smileysad:

ryanlearned
Message 15 of 30 (399 Views)

06-05-2012 01:03 PM in reply to: nick_bee

Using 2013 now and this still hasn't been resolved. Possibly because the project was started in 2012?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 16 of 30 (397 Views)

06-05-2012 01:30 PM in reply to: ryanlearned

Probably because it just hasn't been addressed. There are a ton of moderate to major issues with this program that are apparently being ignored in development in favor of implementing flashy new features. Don't get me wrong - some of the new features over the past few releases are great, but there are sooo many outstanding issues that date back to day one.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
rebmickens
Message 17 of 30 (339 Views)

02-01-2013 07:29 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I am using revit 2013 and have had this problem with electrical panels, telephone devices, and receptacle devices.  I end up having to delete my tele/recep devices and re-place them all.  I've found that sometimes the architect will make a change to the wall it was hosted on and then I have the problem.  But has anyone found a solution to the problem yet?  Creating a new panel and recircuiting is a waste of time, especially when you have the panel completely filled.  which is the problem that I have now.

Revit_is_Useless
Message 18 of 30 (255 Views)

05-22-2013 02:36 PM in reply to: nick_bee

i just encountered this same issue, for the 400th time... except this time i actually found a solution that worked for me.

i found that if a panel needs to be re-hosted, and the option is grayed out, it needs to be uncircuited from its source. in my case, i was needing to re-host two panels. one panel was sub-feeding the other. my first panel was able to re-host no problem, but the sub-fed panel was unable to be re-hosted, i could only move it along its plane. but as soon as i edit my sub-panels circuit from my being fed from my first panel to being fed from "<None>", i was able to re-host it no problem...then i just moved the circuit back to the first panel.

i hope this helps. i didnt even bother going through the thread to see if some one else found a solution. i apologize if a solution has already been found...

Active Contributor
DMaurer-Veca
Message 19 of 30 (245 Views)

05-22-2013 03:45 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Thank you for posting your solution. This issue came up for me recently and I recircuted everything. It also seems to be an issue with rehosting if there is conduit connected to the panel.

Diane M
Revit_is_Useless
Message 20 of 30 (242 Views)

05-22-2013 03:59 PM in reply to: DMaurer-Veca

that's what i've done in the past as well, re-circuited every single device. but now knowing i only have to re-cicuit the actual panel rather than every single device connected to it is far less stressful. hopefully this works for the rest of the community. i've only tested with Revit MEP 2013... havent gone back to the previous releases to try it out.

-mig

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.