Revit MEP

nick_bee
Message 1 of 30 (1,219 Views)
Accepted Solution

Electrical Panel will not re-host.

1219 Views, 29 Replies
02-23-2011 02:38 PM

Trying to re-host the panel to a differnt wall by "Pick New", but the button on the ribbon is grayed out.  It is currently linked to the Arch Model. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

This is an issue that has been logged with our Development group who are working to fix the issue. At this time, the workaround you have found is the only workaround we have been able to find so far. We understand that this may not be the preferred workflow, but as I mentioned, we are working to fix the issue. Having said that, we do not yet have any information regarding a timeline when any fix may be released.

For those who have not made the jump to 2014 from 2013, there is a hotfix to the electrical panel re-host problem.

Download here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22002661&linkID=21208796

Contributor
markmcmicheal
Message 2 of 30 (1,150 Views)

Re: Electrical Panel will not re-host.

02-26-2011 06:12 PM in reply to: nick_bee

Check the properties pallette to make sure the elevation for the panel is appropriate for the level you are trying to host the panel too.  Sometimes, you get a rehosted item that has a weird elevation if you don't pay attention to the properites and it will be like -20-ft below the level you're trying to host to.  Since the wall does not exist at the elevation, the panel can not host itself to it.

Often a quick fix can be to pick new workplan and pick the wall face.

mniemeyer
Message 3 of 30 (1,121 Views)

03-01-2011 08:17 AM in reply to: nick_bee

Had a similatr problem.  We created a temp panel.  Moved some of the circuits from the original to temp.  We had to move about 10 of them.  Then I was able to re-host the panel to different location.  Then moved circuits from temp back to original panel. Moving the circuits kept their number and information. Haven't figured out what caused the problem.  To many circuits or to much load?!?  We used other identical panels throughout the project with no issue. 

Hope this helps.

*Expert Elite*
abulla
Message 4 of 30 (1,115 Views)

03-01-2011 08:25 AM in reply to: mniemeyer

I thought I remembered reading that this was a known bug. I know we've run into it before with no easy fix.

nick_bee
Message 5 of 30 (1,114 Views)

03-01-2011 08:27 AM in reply to: mniemeyer

Thanks for the response!  That is exactly what I ended up doing. 

The family we were using for the particular panels in question, are used many times throughout the project.

We were only having the issue with two particular 480/277V panels. 

These particular panels were loaded up pretty heavy with lighting loads. I was also wondering if that was causing the issue.

When I have more time, I am going to play around with the panels that are not allowing me to re-host them by removing some loads.  Will try to update later.

Contributor
IanY5058
Message 6 of 30 (923 Views)

01-23-2012 09:44 AM in reply to: nick_bee

Well here we are in 2012 running 2012 and I have a panel half loaded with light fixtures.

Do I really want to yank them off the panel and recircuit them again because a bug that still hasn't been fixed??

Not really!!!

Any updates to this problem out there???

Thanks.:manmad:

Product Support
Chris.Aquino
Message 7 of 30 (909 Views)

01-23-2012 02:33 PM in reply to: IanY5058

This is an issue that has been logged with our Development group who are working to fix the issue. At this time, the workaround you have found is the only workaround we have been able to find so far. We understand that this may not be the preferred workflow, but as I mentioned, we are working to fix the issue. Having said that, we do not yet have any information regarding a timeline when any fix may be released.

Chris Aquino
Knowledge Domain Expert
Customer Service & Support
Autodesk, Inc.

The Revit Clinic
@Revitclinic
Contributor
apaupert
Message 8 of 30 (825 Views)

03-07-2012 08:07 AM in reply to: nick_bee

I think since hosting has hurt me a few times now, I'm ready to make a series on Non-Hosted Electrical Equipment. Recircuiting stubborn panels is not a good option. Yeah, I won't have the benefit of a panel moving to a arch wall but at least I'll know the panel will be still intact from day to day.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 9 of 30 (820 Views)

03-07-2012 08:16 AM in reply to: apaupert

You can create a Reference Plane to host the panel to. The plane can be named and constrained to the wall, but if the wall vanishes, the panel still has a host.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Contributor
apaupert
Message 10 of 30 (817 Views)

03-07-2012 08:18 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Isn't that a bad thing to have too many ref planes though?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.