Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Fixture Family, Multiple electrical connectors, one homerun?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2704 Views, 5 Replies

Electrical Fixture Family, Multiple electrical connectors, one homerun?

I am trying to create a Revit Family with multiple circuits. I've gone as far as making the family with multiple Electrical connectors, and assigning a seperate load parameter for each connector. When i load it into my model, it works well as far as assigning a load to each connector and having each connectors circuit show on my panel schedule. My only problem is the circuit homerun wire tag. It will not pick up on all the circuits. Is there a way to modify my family so that each circuit assigned to my device shows up on one homerun wire tag...?

(i am working on a theatrical electrical plan/model. the AV consultant is showing a box with mutliple devices within it on dedicated power. my goal is to only show the actual box, with multiple connectors, and not each device within it. these boxes are show everywhere, as you can.) Cat Happy Cat Mad Cat LOL Cat Surprised 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

The information within the secondary Electrical Connector(s) is unfortunately not available to be Tagged. The current work-around is to create a tiny piece of Wire from a secondary Electrical Connector and then use a Wire Tag (designed to look like your normal tag) to report the electrical info instead.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
daniel_sierocki
in reply to: CoreyDaun

And what About different views ? like sections ? The wires are only wisible in floor/ ceiling  plans.

Message 4 of 6
PaulineP54QC
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hello - Just wondering if something has been made related to the dual homerun wire tags?  Thanks

Message 5 of 6
tkbim
in reply to: Anonymous

Connect the connectors with wires, then the home run arrow will show two arrow heads and the tag will show both circuits.

Then hide the wire jumper.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-create-mult...

Message 6 of 6
balddude
in reply to: tkbim

This only works if both connectors are circuited to the same panelboard. If they aren't, both circuit numbers will be displayed, but only one panelboard will be in the tag.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report