Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Family Constraint issue effecting elevation

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
RedMan77
2464 Views, 20 Replies

Electrical Family Constraint issue effecting elevation

I am still fairly nre to Revit and have been visitng this site often.  My issue revolves around a family of panels that I have edited.  I added the connector and entered the values.  I tested the panel  in a blank project and everything works great. 

The issue is when I try to do the same thing in the current project my compnay is working on.  Every panel board I enter comes in at 4'-0" no matter what the mounting height value I used in Family Editor.  The question is where in the project or what setting dictates the elevation of ALL panels coming in at 4'-0".  Or a beter question is what setting did I foul up?

Please see the attacments

Issue 1 is part of the company project.  4'-0" constraint is not what I want.  Outsied of project the panel comes in right as specified in family editor.

Thanks in advance.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
bcaudill
in reply to: Anonymous

Honestly, my advice to you is to build you're own families from scratch. ADESK provides families that are a decent starting point, but limited as to their overall function. Start with templates and build your own "Template" to then use with other families. A well built, multi-dimensional family can be used to build a large amount of content in your library, with subtle changes for different types. 

Even things like the elevation, can be constructed to function how YOU want it to. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report