Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS / USERS!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TommyNYC
1044 Views, 3 Replies

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS / USERS!!

Not being an electrical engineer, the below message is preplexing me somewhat. I am trying to create lighting circuits and use my MDP as the panel - aside from one space - every other says the below -

"Cannot assign or add MDP to Circuit. The Voltage (120 V) for the Circuit is out of range for the Line to Ground Voltage for MDP (The Line to Ground Voltage is specified in the assigned Distribution System)."

my dist system is the 480/277 Wye

It appears to be something to do with the fact that I am using different fixtures than that of the tutorial.

I am trying to circuit up Pendant Lighting Fixtures - 120V, 64VA to panel - 480V, MCB 250A - It just wont work
The one space that does work correctly using the panel has fixtures - 277V, 100VA

Any electrical knowledge out there? I assume selecting a different panel with appropriate voltage range / dist system? if anyone knows of any good blogs about electrical circuitry - please send me the link..... or even any "electrical engineering for beginners" type things... ?!

Edited by: tommy1 on Feb 13, 2009 7:16 AM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
eddywho
in reply to: TommyNYC

Sounds like you are trying to feed 120V pedenant fixtures from a 480/277V Distribution panel. This just wont work and that is why you are getting the error message. Most fixtures (not all) come in dual voltage (eitheer 120 or 277 or universal ballast 120/277). May want to check and see if that fixture is available with a 120/277v ballast and if so ythen you can feed it from MDP. I do not recommend lighting loads straight from MDP because usually that is where heavy equipment is fed from thus causing lights to flicker when big motors and such are started. would recommend to feed a lighting distro. panel for lights. If not you may need to add another 120v panel and feed from transformer which is fed from mdp.
Message 3 of 4
arch_lmrosell
in reply to: TommyNYC

I have the same problem with my transformer (600A 120/208V 3ph 4w 75kva) it did connect to the Distribution Panel. But when I tried to connect it to the MDP with specs of 2000A 347/600V 3ph 4W, it won't work. I got the same message " Cannot assign or add MDP to circuit. The Voltage 208V for the circuit is out of range for the line to line Voltage for MDP as specified in the assigned Distribution system." I already change the Distribution system of MDP to 347/600. Do I need to add another connector, since the primary & secondary connectors of transformer was already been connected to the distribution panel. I am a Revit Architecture user and I am just learning Revit Electrical. Thanks in advance!

Message 4 of 4
abulla
in reply to: arch_lmrosell

Transformers have a not-obvious parameter called "Secondary Distribution System". Try setting that to whatever voltage you need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report