Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical - creating a 2 section feed-thru lugs panel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3377 Views, 3 Replies

Electrical - creating a 2 section feed-thru lugs panel

I have several 2 section (42 ckts ea) feed thru-lug panelboards that I am trying to link together in REVIT.  I figured out how to link them as a sub-feed panel.  But I need the 2nd section NOT to show up as a sub-feed panel (occuping 3 poles in section 1).  Any ideas or suggestions would be great. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe you have to hide the breaker "beyond" what the Panel Schedule Template will show. Duplicate your default 42 CKT Panel Schedule Template and, under 'Set Template Options' (top left while editing it), change the "Number of slots shown" to 48. Click 'OK' and then 'Finish' on the ribbon. Select the upstream panel and set the 'Max #1 Pole Breakers' to 48. Open your Panel Schedule for that panel and set it to this "48 CKT" template. Move the 3P breaker from the sub-panel down to the bottom three circuits. Now set it back to the normal Panel Schedule Template.

If you need further explanation or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
GFD-01
in reply to: Anonymous

The second section branch spaces will be 1 thru 42 instead of 43 thru 84
Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: GFD-01

This is true, and a demonstration of the improvement needed to Revit's electrical capabilities. The simple method of creating a two-section panel is to create it as a single 84-CCT entitile and then create a division line overlaid on the Panel Schedule to denote the sections.

If you need to have two separate entities, you could possibly use a Circuit Prefix to somehow denote the Panel Section. Otherwise, I have developed a work-around that will maintain the two-section setup (two separate entities) with two separate Panel Schedules, and also maintain continuous Circuit Numbering between the two. The details can be found by following the link to the thread below.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP/Multi-section-panelboards-rejected-by-plan-review/m...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report