Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical conduit - bends show but not pipe

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DMaurer-Veca
1016 Views, 5 Replies

Electrical conduit - bends show but not pipe

In the power floor plan drawing I have a workset for the slab with branch conduit drawn as 'Conduit without fittings RCN schedule 40'. The straight sections of pipe are not showing but the bends do show. I have check VG settings for visiblitly settins of the workset as well as filters and view range. All things being equal between the conduit and the bends connecting the straight pieces, why are only the bends showing? The problem does not repeat on other plan views. Any help is appreciated.

Diane M
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: DMaurer-Veca

Is there a Plan Region involved here? That looks like the typical mess that results from those and certain MEP elements.

If not, does setting the View to Wireframe cause the Conduit to appear?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
DMaurer-Veca
in reply to: CoreyDaun

No plan reagion and changing to wire frame did not change anything.

Diane M
Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

Before I start randomly digging and poking around for the cause, can you apply a View Template from one of the Views that is displaying correctly?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
DMaurer-Veca
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Sorry for the delay, we decided to run an augidt, which is finished now, but now change in the conduit visibility issue. The conduit does show up in a different floor plan view, although the filters and workset settings are the same. We discovered if we change the conduit from PVC Schedule 40 to PVC Schedule 80 it reapears.

Diane M
Message 6 of 6
DMaurer-Veca

I just solved the problem. The filter I used to turn off the Telecom systems conduit was set for PVC Schedule 40. I modified filter to add the workset Telecom Distribution, and that solved the problem.

Diane M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report