Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Circuits Disconnecting during Sync

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
LisaDrago
1715 Views, 11 Replies

Electrical Circuits Disconnecting during Sync

Hello - I have a client that contacted me about this issue...

When they sync with the central model - the electrical circuits are disconnecting from lights and disappear from the panel schedule...

Any one having this issue - or any ideas why it would happen?

Thanks!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: LisaDrago

I've seen this asked here a few times, but never have I seen an answer. However, I did search AUGI and found an enigmatic answer in this thread:

Revit Electrical circuits disconnecting from parent when synchronizing

I wouldn't be able to help on this issue without being able to see it for myself.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 12
troystockwell
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This is a big project and it goes out next week so any help you can provide I would really appreciate it.

Message 4 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: troystockwell

I'd be happy to do what I can.

• What version of Revit is this?
  • Can you describe is detail what's happening? How many of the circuits are disconnecting? Or are the changes to the circuits just not going through?
  • Have you tried having everyone involved in the project create new Local files?
  • Have you tried closing the unused Worksets (i.e. mechanical) before synchronizing?
  • How many users are working on the electrical circuiting?
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 12
troystockwell

4 people, 300,000 sq ft building,  Lights only.  No copy monitoring anymore, Arch placed light, then we copy monitored.  Those have been taken out and eliminated. ignoring all categories for copy monitor now. except levels and grids.  All worksets are open.  Revit MEP 13, everyone makes new locals daily. random lights, never in a pattern.  no special about the lights from one another either.

Message 6 of 12
CoreyDaun

It happens only to light fixtures? Does it still happen if no one is working on the lighting?

Message 7 of 12
troystockwell

Yes only lights, and no this involves multiple users working on circuiting.
Message 8 of 12
CoreyDaun

Without being able to tinker with it myself, I won't be able to do anything more than toss random suggestions out there. *shrugs*

Have you taken a peek at the link I provided to the AUGI thread in my first reply? If not, take a peek and see if that relates to your situation at all.

As another uneducated suggestion, maybe try disconnecting the lighting circuits from the panel yourself. Save and synch, and then connect the circuits again, save and synch. Is this happening in particular with the most recent panels that were added, or the oldest?

Message 9 of 12
troystockwell

I figured it out, it was happening because the copy/monitor of some newly placed items were being copied over and clipping off the circuit. The copy/monitor was set to do not copy all of the old types, but the behavior was still set to copy new types. Once I changed this is has been perfect since.
Message 10 of 12
LisaDrago

That is interesting Troy  -Glad you were able to figure it out - I was completely lost...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 11 of 12
jwshelbourn

We are having this issue also, but I don't quite understand your solution.

What do you mean by "clipping" the circuit?

Are you talking about Batch Copy options?

Thanks so much for your help!

Message 12 of 12
jwshelbourn

We are having this issue also, but I don't quite understand your solution.

What do you mean by "clipping" the circuit?

Are you talking about Batch Copy options?

Thanks so much for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report