Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electric track in Revit MEP

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kostiaS
2974 Views, 2 Replies

electric track in Revit MEP

Hi.
Sorry for the spelling errors I'm from Ukraine. I am interested in the following question, why in Revit MEP features as otherwise provided electrical busbar design?.

After all, segodnishny day in any large project has its own transformer substation and transformer to switchboard connection is made using an electric busbar and I think Revit MEP in this issue completely lost.

I mean, what I would like that would be carried out laying trunking as well as cable trays, piping, ventilation.

If Revit MEP in could solve this issue I think it would be a step towards the perfection of the program.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
markmcmicheal
in reply to: kostiaS

Siemens makes Revit families for all the power busway components.

http://www.sea.siemens.com/us/support/consulting-engineers/Pages/ConsultingEngineersHome.aspx?stc=us...

Message 3 of 3
pef
Community Visitor
in reply to: kostiaS

Yep, it is correct that Siemens has made families to use as Busbar trunkin systems, the problem is athat they are working as duct systems - I do not know the reason for making electrical systems with ducts. 

I think that a system family for electrical busbar trunking is needed. 

/ Peter. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report