Revit MEP

Mentor
dtiemeyer
Message 1 of 3 (406 Views)

Editable Only checkbox or another way

406 Views, 2 Replies
09-10-2012 01:20 PM

Is there a way to keep the 'Editable only' checkbox checked when hitting the 'ESC' key?  Basically I have the ARCH.rvt link on a workset (and the Grid Lines on another) and I always keep those worksets Not Editable. However I dont even want to be able to select them objects on those worksets. Thats why I like that 'Editable Only' checkbox, but it keeps going unchecked!

thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks!

Striving to be a WOMBAT, Waste Of Money, Brains, & Talent...

⁞|⁞ Please use the Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you!
Contributor
dannyv79
Message 2 of 3 (403 Views)

Re: Editable Only checkbox or another way

09-10-2012 01:30 PM in reply to: dtiemeyer

I create a Design Option when setting up the project and place my revit links under that option (Usually titled Option 1). After you have the links under that option flip back to "Main Model" option and you will never be able to select your links without flipping over to the "Option 1" design option.

Product Support
Chris.Aquino
Message 3 of 3 (349 Views)

Re: Editable Only checkbox or another way

09-17-2012 10:48 AM in reply to: dtiemeyer

If you would like this functionality to change, this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Knowledge Domain Expert
Customer Service & Support
Autodesk, Inc.

The Revit Clinic
@Revitclinic
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.