Revit MEP

Distinguished Contributor
Mehdi.Kardehi
Message 1 of 3 (223 Views)

Easiest way to change families from imperial to metric

223 Views, 2 Replies
03-06-2014 11:51 PM

I have some families that I couldn't find the metric version of them and they are all imperial

what's the quickest way to make them metric? 

I don't want to go to project units and change every single unit one by one in the family file and then load it to project

Cheers,

M

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 3 (193 Views)

Re: Easiest way to change families from imperial to metric

03-07-2014 06:29 AM in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

I've done some searching and I have not been successful in finding anything. For the most part, it shouldn't matter too much because the Family will be loaded correctly into a Metric Project anyway, regardless of the Family's Units settings because Revit uses its own internal values for length. If you still need to find a way to convert the Units en masse, then I suggest asking if this is possible on the Revit API board.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Distinguished Contributor
Mehdi.Kardehi
Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: Easiest way to change families from imperial to metric

03-09-2014 05:35 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Thanks mate,

will do..

It is a real pain when I want to change the parameters value in my Revit model when they are all imperial and all my calculations are metric.

Cheers,

Mehdi

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.