Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dwelling unit Load Center

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2218 Views, 5 Replies

Dwelling unit Load Center

I am trying to create a 280v/1ph load center (panel schedule) for a multi-family project that I am working on.  I changed "connector element" "number of poles" from 3 poles to 1.  I created a new panel template "Dwelling Load Center" and set those peraments to "hide 3rd phase if single phase panel".  But the 3rd phase is still showing in the panel shcedule.  What am I not doing?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure that the Panel is assigned to a single-phase Distribution System. They can bee defined under Electrical Settings. Also, after there is a change to the Panel Schedule Template or there is another change that would affect the Panel Schedule's format, you will have to open that Panel Schedule and click "Change Template" on the Ribbon and then select the same template. This will force it to refresh.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I struggled with the same issue on our project using Revit MEP 2013. Select your single phase panel and check the properties box for number of circutis and distribution system as '120/240 single'. Also close the project and reopen it. Once I solved this problem I struuggled with having the residential load calculat correctly. The load for each resi unit is calculated differently at the unit panel than it is for the resi meter center feeding it and the dirstribution system feeding the meter center is different also. We ended up using excell to calculate the loads with the different diversity factors. The only thing I used the Revit panel schedule for was circuiting the typical units. Keep in mind I work for an Electrical Contractor and not an engineering firm. We haven't invested in third party software to allow import and export with Excell, maybe that is what you need. Good luck.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

To have Revit properly calculate the loads for a residential panel schedule, you will have to set up load classifications with stepped demand factors.  Below is what I have used.

"Lights and Recepts - 2000 sf"  100% of the first 3334 VA, 40% of the remainder to 6000 VA (3VA per foot for a 2000 sf dwelling), and 0.01% of the remainder.  I use 0.01% because Revit won't accept a demand factor of 0.0%

"Dedicated Appliances"  100% of the first 3333 VA, plus 40% of the remainder.

"Small Appliance Circuits"  100% of the first 3333 VA plus 40% of the remainder.

"Air Conditioning"  100% of the total

"Heating" 0.01%

This is for a home in a warm climate where 100% of the air conditioning exceeds the heating.  In a cold climate I would use a demand of 0.01% for the air conditioning, and the appropriate NEC 220.82(C) demand for the heating.

Make sure the loads on each small appliance circuit add up to 1500 VA.  For example, if you have 3 outlets on one of the kitchen circuits, make each outlet 500 VA.

When Revit adds together the first three load classifications, it will add up to 100% of the first 10 kVA, plus 40% of the remainder, with the total lights and receptacle demand calculated to 3 VA per square foot.

Make sure the air handling equipment is included in whichever HVAC category will be the largest (heating or air conditioning).

Adjust the 40% stepped demand upper limit for the Lights & Recepts load classification based upon the square footage of the dwelling.  Make the upper limit 3VA times the SF of the dwelling.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Poles should be 2 for a single phase 208/120V or 240/120V panel.  Also, you may have to manually edit the load shading in the panel schedule template to have it display correctly.

Message 6 of 6
jdcarlingJQBC3

"Poles should be 2 for a single phase 208/120V or 240/120V panel.  Also, you may have to manually edit the load shading in the panel schedule template to have it display correctly."

When I tried this it tries to delete everything

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report