Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate view

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
JackIcewater
2402 Views, 8 Replies

Duplicate view

When I create a duplicate floor plan view for a different space plan option it changes the original floor plan(which I want to stay original).

Do I need to create a save as project? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JackIcewater

It sounds like the View is either assigned a View Template or you have duplicated the View as a Dependent View.

In the case of the former, you can remove the association with the View Template under the View's Properties, or create a new one (or duplicate the original) and assign that one to this View.

In the case of the latter, changing the Visibility/Graphics settings for either with also affect the other. You should Duplicate the View with the standard "Duplicate" or with the "Duplicate with Detailing" option. You can also right-click on the Dependent View in the Project Browser and select "Convert to Independent View".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
JackIcewater
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Confused...i've tried duplicate, duplicate with detail and duplicate as dependent and everyime I make model changes the original changes?

I've searched in properties and they always say indendant?

Message 4 of 9
JackIcewater

Convert to independant is grey and can't be selected?

Message 5 of 9
CoreyDaun

The problem probably lies with the View Template, then. If not, can you post some images of these Views in the Project Browser and of their Properties?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 9
JackIcewater

I've attempted to change view template from none to Architectural Plan and still no option to create independant. 

Message 7 of 9
CoreyDaun

OK - I re-read your post and saw that you said "Model Changes". This is correct behavior. Moving a Wall (or any other model element) moves that elements in the database of the Revit Project, and thusly reflects that change in all applicable Views. A given Model Element does not exist in any particular View, but rather in the core database in which all Views "see".

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to create an "alternate" layout in another View?

Message 8 of 9
JackIcewater

Exactly!  Client is wanting multiple interior design options and I don't want to down the revert to a design that I need to redraw!

Thanks for all your time and help! Much appreciated!

Message 9 of 9
CoreyDaun

In that case, create as many Design Options as you need, and then set the V/G Settings for each View to the appropriate Design Option ("Design Options" tab). Elements that are common to all Design Options should remain on "Main Model", while the specific elements should belong to the appropriate Design Option. See Revit Help for more info on Design Options.

Revit Help: Adding Design Options

*Note that Design Options don't play very well with MEP design, namely with Spaces and Circuits/Systems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report