Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Duct Vertical Justification not changing offset

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tbrown6608
459 Views, 1 Reply

Duct Vertical Justification not changing offset

So I'm having trouble with duct's vertical justification. I have ducts that were already placed in the model with the vertical justification (VJ) set to middle. Now I have a structural model that I need to coordinate with and I find the best way is to set the VJ to "top" so that I can set all ducts to the same top of duct elevation, which ensures that all of them are beneath structure but still as close as possible. It seems that if the ducts are already placed before setting the VJ to "top", the offset property stays at middle. New ducts drawn with VJ set to "top" will read the right offset but not ones that were changed after being placed.

So I assume that if I want to do this, I'm going to have to delete all my ducts and redraw them all in order to make corrdination down the road any easier. My question, for Autodesk preferably, is why? This seems like a very, very simple thing to do, update the offset property definiton when the VJ is changed. If you tell me its underway, that's fine. If not, I'm never going to be able to utilize this feature as I will never be able to retrain everyone/anyone in my company to set the VJ BEFORE doing any work every time they open Revit. I have a hard enough time with people forgetting to check their workset before working, nevermind setting up their duct placement.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tbrown6608
in reply to: tbrown6608

Wow. Just noticed that when I syncronize, it resets the offset to read the middle value. So everything I've done so far today has been a waste. Changing the vertical justification is completely useless.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report