Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct tags moving when elevation of duct is changed

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tbrown6608
272 Views, 1 Reply

Duct tags moving when elevation of duct is changed

The problem I'm having is when I am coordinating ductwork in Revit, simply moving a duct up or down a couple inches can cause the tags (even if they are in other views) that are associated with the duct to move. I'll finish making the changes I need to, switch back into my plan view and find tags floating outside the building, leaders pointing to nothing, etc. Most of the time I don't discover them until hours/days later. Its' not every single tag that does it. I can't seem to find a pattern with it, some tags move and some don't. I've tried a bunch of different tags, it happens to all of them so I don't think its my families.

Has anyone else run into this? Anyone know any way to avoid it?

I just thought to try pinning my tags. I'm gonna give it a try, not the best solution, but if it prevents me from having to redo work I guess it's a plus.

BTW, Revit 2015 with update release 4 installed, running on Windows 7 with workshared central models.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MAYANKYADAV420
in reply to: tbrown6608

Go to the section Views and select the ducts you want to change the elevation and then move the ducts in section views. That's the only way I found which works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report