Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct tagging

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
revitworkbench
583 Views, 6 Replies

Duct tagging

Is there a way to tag all my ducts and pipes in a certain view at once? Like with a single command? I have the proper tags loaded, is there a way to associat a certain tag as a default tag then simply have revit tag everything from a few select categories at one time? Or do I have to tage everything manually? Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sandleaz
in reply to: revitworkbench

In revit mep 2012, i believe there is a tag all button under the annotate tab.  Not sure whether it understands the difference between round and rectangular ducts + whether or not you have one tag that allows for both.  Also remember that revit might place the tag in a bad location.  I usually just type TG and tag stuff manually, it's fairly simple.

Message 3 of 7
revitworkbench
in reply to: Sandleaz

Yeah the tag all button is just that, it tags everything that does not discriminate. I want to tag two things, not all of my VAV boxes and whatnot, not air terminals and the whole 9 yards. I just want to tag a couple things. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 7

Yes there is a tag All option under Annotate Tab.  It is extremely indiscriminate and will tag ALL objects with the selected tag within that category for a particular open view.  At times it can cause more problems as there is no control on location it just tags everything but it does certainly have its use.

Message 5 of 7

You can use it to place the grille tags on all grilles only you just need to select that Category and tag and Apply.

Alternatively there is an option to Apply only to selected objects in which you could select everything in a plantroom and all all Mark Numbers to Mechanical Equipement.

Message 6 of 7

Hey, yeah i figured it was probably this easy, but mine doesnt work like that. Ive attached a picture of the Tag All menu that I am getting, which is confusing because it wont let me select, or unselect anything in there. Double clicking, right clicking, nothing works. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

michaelmead wrote:

"...it wont let me select, or unselect anything in there. Double clicking, right clicking, nothing works. Any suggestions?"

Select the elements prior to activating the 'Tag All' command.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report