Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct System Flow Update Error when Deleting Terminal

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
827 Views, 4 Replies

Duct System Flow Update Error when Deleting Terminal

Hey Guys 

From setting up AutoCAD MEP for my company Ive now been given the task of setting up Revit MEP and all seems to be going rather well so far. 

I am having the following issue though, for example when creating an Extract Duct system, the system picks up my predefined air flows, and claculates the total, thus updating my required fan flow which works fine. Hower should I delete an Air terminal from the system, the reduced total flow does not update. If I go after and change one of the Air terminal flows or add another Air Terminal the system corrects itself. 

Is there a certain way that I should be removing the terminal from the system?

Thanks

Ryan Smit 

South Africa 

Revit MEP 2012 - SP1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: Anonymous

Where are you seeing the values not update? In the System Browser? In the Space Properties? Does it refresh if you hit F5?

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Hi Chris

The System Browser updates, however its all the equipment attached to the duct system does not, such as the dampers, silencers and fans which have tags refering to the flow at those relevent positions. Hitting F5 has no affect.

Its not a critical factor if you remember to check for it. Ive attached some screen shots. 

Thanks 

Ryan Smit 

South Africa 

Revit MEP 2012-SP1

Message 4 of 5
Bill.Knittle

Chris,

I am also experiencing similar issues. I have 4 spaces each containing two Air Terminals logically connected to a VAV. The 4 VAVs feeding each space are logically connected to an Air Handling Unit (see attached image). The duct is color filled to indicate Flow and the Devices/Equipment are tagged to show their Flows too.

In RME 2011, I can change the Flow on an Air Terminal and see the Flows in the duct and equipment propagate upstream all the way to the Air Handling Unit. The duct color fill also updates upstream to the Air Handling Unit. However, if I open the same file in 2012, the Flow will only update to the VAV. The duct color fill also reflects this. It seems that in 2012, The primary connector (Air Terminal side) in the VAV fails to communicate the Flow to the secondary connector (Air Handling Unit side). Weird??? Even if I link the two connectors in the Family, it fails. The System Browser is the only thing showing the true Flows through the network.

The only workaround I found is to drag the connector of the duct off the VAV's secondary connector and drag it back on to reconnect it.

Message 5 of 5
Bill.Knittle

To add to my work arounds, I discovered a new one tonight. I thought it could be a possible migration of a 2011 to 2012 file format which was causing the issue. However, I created simple 2012 families to test my theory. I ended up with the same results using native 2012 created families. Flows would only update within a sub-network and not the total distributed network.

So, I dug deeper into the new feature, Duct Systems. The Calculations parameter was set to "All." Therefore, I and probably everyone else would think it should update Real Time. It isn't.

To get the distributed network to update fully, I switched the Calculation parameter to "Flow Only" in the Type Properties of the Duct System. It updates the network of flows completely. But, if I change a terminal's Flow again, it's back to square one. I have to keep switching the Calculations parameter to update the entire distributed network. Real Bummer!!! What happened! Why is this not Real Time like in 2011 and earlier?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report