Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Sizing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dworakma
2031 Views, 4 Replies

Duct Sizing

We're still not using the duct sizing feature in Revit and I would love to start.

Curious who is using it? 

The problem I've repeatedly ran into is that airflows are not transferred back into my duct main from the terminal device.  I can assign airflow to a terminal device, such as a supply air diffuser (using a "preset" flow configuration parameter).  And that airflow will be visible at the branch duct connected to the diffuser, but once connected to a main my airflow at the main shows 0 CFM.  I believe my system is well defined starting with equipment and terminal devices, as the equipment shows the correct total airflow for the system in my system browser.  Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance.

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jrobker
in reply to: dworakma

See this diagram,

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 5
dworakma
in reply to: Jrobker

J,

Thanks for posting the graphic, it's very helpful.  I'll double check some of my settings when I get to the office in the morning.

Could I assume your using the duct sizing feature?

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 5
Jrobker

No. We are not. There is no static pressure drop or CFM loss after a duct tap. Doesn't quite work. Plus issues with critical path. Doesn't work right and never has. Hopefully release 5 (2013) will get it right, since marketing claims it does.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 5 of 5
dworakma

Dang that's a bummer, you got my hopes up with that fancy drawing.  Thanks for your input.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it shows up in a next release and actually works!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report