Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Schedules - Grouping opposite but same sizes???

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
770 Views, 4 Replies

Duct Schedules - Grouping opposite but same sizes???

Stuck on something I would think is pretty basic.  I created a duct schedule that lists the type (rectangular, round, etc.), size (width x height), length, and area of all ductwork in my project.  The length and area fields are calculated totals, whereby the schedule gives the total length of all 20x10 ducts, the total length of all 24x10 ducts, etc.  Simple.

What I can not get is how to group together ducts that have the same dimension but who have opposite widths and heights.  For example, if my project has ductwork 18 wide by 10 high, this is listed as one line in my schedule.  But I could also have ductwork that is 10 wide by 18 high.  In effect, the same size but the two types are listed separately.  Anyone know how I can group these together so that I have a total length of 18x10 duct regardless of whether it is 18x10 or 10x18?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I think the best you can do is create two Calculated Parameters, but this will greatly limit formatting options.

Name:  "Greater Size"

Discipline:  HVAC

Type:  Duct Size

Formula:  " if(Height > Width, Height, Width) "

Then create another one for "Lesser Size" with the formula " if(Height > Width, Width, Height) "

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the reply.  Interesting.  I will give it a shot.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Tried it.  Works partly.  I can get the "greater" and "lesser" size parameters to work, but once I decide to sort/group per one of these two parameters, my other duct sizes are inaccurate.  In other words, the 18x10 and 10x18 ducts now group under one common type and the total length and areas do represent the total of the 18x10 and 10x18 ducts.  However, now the 24x14, 24x20, 24x24 ducts all group under one 24 duct size and show a total that is a toal of all 24 wide ducts, not the individuals.  Close.  But I seem to be missing something.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Ok.  So, needed to sort by Greater Size and then by Lesser Size and it worked.  Got me what I want.  Many thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report