Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Routing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
232 Views, 3 Replies

Duct Routing

I am relatively new to Revit MEP (using 2008). I recently was working on a file from another firm. I wanted to run a piece of flexible duct about 3 feet as a branch from an air terminal . Revit insisted that the duct would be in excess of 100 feet. What went wrong and how can I avoid this in the future?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When you bring in an air terminal, it defaults to zero offset (not sure why we don't get an option to place at a specific height...). Could be that the terminal and the duct are adjacent in plan but about 10 floors apart in elevation.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

No, not really. As soon as I placed the air terminal, I set its offset (height above the ref. plane). The main duct was already at the proper height (from the same ref). So that is why it is so puzzling that the flex duct would go off into space as it did.
Message 4 of 4
KyleB_Autodesk

Care yo post a screen capture of the end result, hopefully from different views so we can see the routing situation?

Simply stating that you're having a problem, without providing as much detail as possible, is not going to get you the solution that you're seeking here. We want to help, but you need to help us help you.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report