Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct or Pipe System not be added to the list

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GHASEM_ARIYANI
235 Views, 3 Replies

Duct or Pipe System not be added to the list

Hi

I am using Revit 2015 Edition Second Edition.

I when the create Duct or Pipe System not be added to the list mechanical Setting.

1_Duct_Pipe_System.png

2_Duct_Pipe_System.png

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Thomas
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

I believe Revit is limited to the System Classifications that you see.  When you Duplicate a Duct/Pipe System you create another one of the same classification but with a different name.  So you could have Kitchen Exaust, Washroom Exaust, and Generic Exaust but all of them would be the System Classification of Exaust, and follow those settings.  As far as I know you can't add additional classifications.  Double click on the system in the tree and you'll see in it's properties that the System Classification is locked.  Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: Thomas

Thank you for your reply.

But one thing: So the Douplicate   for system What do you need? 

How should in the system Duplicate of placed.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
Thomas
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

You can right click in the tree and Duplicate the system, and give it a new name.  Say you duplicate Exhaust Air, you can rename it to Washroom Exhaust, or whatever.  You could then use filters in views or schedules to only show that System Type.  You can also control the graphic overrides, only the linetype though (default green).  Once you draw any duct you can change it's System Type in the properties.  If the duct is connected to equipment you can only change it to a Type with the same System Classification.  So I could freely change between Kitchen Exhaust and Washroom Exhaust, but once connected to a fan I can't set it to Supply Air.  

At my last job we mainly used additional systems for HRVs.  You still have Supply/Return/Exhaust, but it's nice to distinguish between them.  I usually give them an obvious System Name anyways, like HRV-1 SUPPLY AIR, so it's sort of a layer of control you don't really need that much.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report