Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct fitting question

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Paul-s
754 Views, 6 Replies

Duct fitting question

Hi,

How would you draw this? What fittings do you use?duct fitting.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ep_cwclose
in reply to: Paul-s

Depends if you're interested in the Revit systems aspect, but to model that you could use an in-place sweep family to create the top elbow (setting the category to duct fittings and adding a connector to the end) and another in-place family for the straight fitting with a normal transition duct fitting at the end of it.  (See Revit screenshot)Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 7
Sandleaz

How would you draw this? What fittings do you use?

I start with big purple R --> new -> family and categorize it as a duct fitting (multi-port).  Then I model it.  I never use in-place families.    

Message 4 of 7
Paul-s

Ahh..So thats how you do it. I was going crazy looking for duct fittings. Thank you guys!

Cwclose. if the file is not too big. can you please attached that model so that I can study it.

Message 5 of 7
ep_cwclose

The file is too big for the Autodesk discussion groups.  I can send you the file via email or ftp.  That said, I agree with Sandleaz, if you can use a regular duct fitting family vs. in-place--do so.  However, if you're only needing the geometry (as is the objective of many MEP design and construction firms) and you aren't using the air flow data then modeling in-place might be quicker for unique circumstaces.  HTH

Message 6 of 7
kyuen

I am looking for this fitting also, can you send email to me also.

thank you.

Message 7 of 7
dbrown-uskh

please send the duct file also  thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report