Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Family Edit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
max.a.hollander
772 Views, 6 Replies

Duct Family Edit

I need to edit a duct family.

Revit currently does not automatically instal hangers or duct breaks to a running duct length.

i want to edit the duct family to add these two items since that is how they will actually be installed.

Please help!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

It's not possible to edit a system family to do things like this.

To achieve these sort of tasks you either have to do it manually or by some form of plug-in which access the API functionality.

Check the web for a hanger tool as someone has probably made one that allows ducts to be supported at specific lengths

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 7

How do you add Joint in duct work that represents the joint between each duck length?

In Auto cad this is fairly easy, you can specify how long each peice of duct is with duct length and it will break it to how ever long you want your individual piece of duct to be.

please let me Know.

-Max

Message 4 of 7
asommer
in reply to: max.a.hollander

Split the duct, It places a union.  That is the only way.  I wish we could edit the duct and add stuff like this, but then, Consultants typically do not worry about these (They are specified, but not on the drawings).

Message 5 of 7

I found this but i dont understand why is is not in revit already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdliBu3sa8I&feature=player_embedded

Message 6 of 7
asommer
in reply to: max.a.hollander

Having MEP in Revit opened a huge can of worms for autodesk.  They have a lot of work to do to be able to include EVERY object that is included in a building and for EVERY party to be able to utilize Revit in thier own way.  Like I said, We spec the hangers and unions, but don't show them on drawings.  It would equal more work and cluttered drawings for us consultants.  This would be good for shop drawings, they could take our model and use that add-on to get the segments and schedule them.

Message 7 of 7
max.a.hollander
in reply to: asommer

When do you think they will add these asspect since autodesk has recently purchased cad duct?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report