Revit MEP

Mentor
dtiemeyer
Message 1 of 3 (395 Views)
Accepted Solution

Duct elbow increments revisited

395 Views, 2 Replies
12-21-2012 11:01 AM

Ive seen the earlier post from 2008 and I'm wondering if there is still no way 'predetermine' what elbow angles ducts will use connecting between different elevations. This is done all the time. Is there somewhere to 'force' only 45^ elbows or 30^ elbows?

Striving to be a WOMBAT, Waste Of Money, Brains, & Talent...

⁞|⁞ Please use the Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you!

In 2013, under Manage > Settings > Mechanical Settings > Pipe Settings (or Duct Settings) > Conversion, you can set the Elbow Increment Angle.

Product Support
Chris.Aquino
Message 2 of 3 (266 Views)

Re: Duct elbow increments revisited

01-07-2013 01:08 PM in reply to: dtiemeyer

In 2013, under Manage > Settings > Mechanical Settings > Pipe Settings (or Duct Settings) > Conversion, you can set the Elbow Increment Angle.

Chris Aquino
Knowledge Domain Expert
Customer Service & Support
Autodesk, Inc.

The Revit Clinic
@Revitclinic
Mentor
dtiemeyer
Message 3 of 3 (258 Views)

Re: Duct elbow increments revisited

01-07-2013 02:09 PM in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thank you for the response Chris. This appears to apply only to the Generate Layout tool, is there a way to control the 'automatically connected' duct when simply using the 'Duct' command?

For example, I have one duct at 10' and another at 12', and i know I want to have 2 45s and a sloping section of duct?

Thanks,

Dustin

Striving to be a WOMBAT, Waste Of Money, Brains, & Talent...

⁞|⁞ Please use the Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.