Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Connector Airflow Direction - Can I let an end user change it?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mrgrotey
2249 Views, 4 Replies

Duct Connector Airflow Direction - Can I let an end user change it?

I work for a ventilation company.  Part of our range is a reversible fan. 

Making a revit family for this fan is nice and easy but is there a way for the end user to easily change the flow direction once in a project?

The direction doesn't have an 'associoate' button next to it which would make this operation very easy by associating it with a yes/no parameter but this isn't possible.

Is there any way I can enable the end user to change the direction of the connector?

I realise they can also go into the family editor and change the settings manually but a more user friendly approach is what I am after here.

I have currently set the connectors to bidirectional but having them change between supply and exhaust would be more preferable I think.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mrgrotey
in reply to: mrgrotey

I guess it's not possible then 😉

Message 3 of 5
danielkazado

Hi,

Do you want to make a selection to user for the fan connection to be in/out. If that is the case it is possible. Can you share the family so I will try on your family. 

Daniel Kazado

Please use Accept as Solution if your question is answered.
You may Give Kudos if the answer is helpful.
Message 4 of 5
mrgrotey
in reply to: danielkazado

The unit is, in effect, a simple box with a duct connector on opposing faces, nothing complex at all.

Ideally I would like to be able to let the user (by way of a single tick box, or similar) say whether the fan is in supply mode or extract mode.  This would require the duct donnector to both have its 'in' direction changed to out (and vice versa for the other connector) and 'supply air' change to 'exhaust air'.

I have attached VERY basic version of what I am talking about (Revit 2015)

If you cant open it it's simply a box with a duct connector on opposing faces. (2 total)

Michael

Message 5 of 5
danielkazado

Hi,

I could not open your file as I am using 2014. 

However the best way I found to do is ; to define 2 connectors at the same place one for IN&Exhaust and second OUT&Supply. When the user want to draw a duct from the connector a Select Connector will pop-up and they will select which connector they want to use. If you also give a good name to the connectors it is working good and even you may have different sizes if needed. I made a small snapshot attached. Hope it helps.

Daniel Kazado

Please use Accept as Solution if your question is answered.
You may Give Kudos if the answer is helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report