Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Airflow

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
%4seasons%
2021 Views, 4 Replies

Duct Airflow

I made  a wire mesh which i usually put to bellmouth openings to indicate the airflow. Using one wire mesh is fine but combining two indicates no flow on the main run (please see attached). I cannot figure out what is wrong so any help will be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: %4seasons%

Can you post the Family file that your using? What version of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
%4seasons%
in reply to: CoreyDaun

please find below link to download the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2y6atc1a9dcft6o/Duct%20Airflow.rvt

i am using Revit 2013.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: %4seasons%

Using the "Check Duct Systems" tool, Revit 2013 reports the vague error message: Mechanical Return Air 1 is not "Well Connected".

However, The same tool in Revit 2014 reported this error:

DuctSystemError.JPG

I opened the Wire Mesh family and changed the Duct Connector's Flow Direction from "Bidirectional" to "In" and it appeared to work as expected, once loaded back into the Project, of course.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
chubbard
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have a similar problem that the above solution did not solve.

We have a transfer duct. To close the duct system we created two air terminals for each end of the system

We made the system a Return system (as apposed to Other) and created the air terminal using a Return connector.

Aft first we made it bidirectional because the transfer could go either direction.  But we then got the flow direction mismatch warning x 10 for each system

So we then made a Transfer grille in and transfer grille out changed each connector to in and out respectively and assigned one to each end of the system.  The warning did not resolve.

Any idea what could cause the warning to persist? This is a very simple system, 2 AT, 2 elbows and 3 duct segments.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report