Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Accessory

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ajpharvey
1675 Views, 1 Reply

Duct Accessory

HI,

I'm trying to create an access panel/door family for ductwork. I've tried creating a Duct accessory with a part type of 'Attaches to' from a face based family, which works in one way, but it doesn't assign the system type/name to the accessory - which is not good when you want schedules to relate to a system. Does anyone know how to create a duct attachment that will also pick up the system of the duct?

Many thanks

Regards

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ajpharvey

I believe that in order to have your Duct Accessory inherit the System, it would have to actually be connect into it through Duct Connectors. As far as I can tell, you would have to create your family to break into the duct and replicate a section of duct within your family to fill the gap that is created.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report