Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct accessories Loss method

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brane1012
403 Views, 2 Replies

Duct accessories Loss method

Hi everyone!

I am working on a fire damper (category = duct accessories). I have a question regarding how Revit calculates pressure drop through that element. When I modeled my family I created a parameter called Pressure drop (see picture: Parameters.jpg) and connected it with the primary connector where I choose Loss method to be specific loss (see picture: Connector properties.jpg). Other connector has Loss method = not defined.

When I load that family into the project Revit always choose loss method to be Coefficient From ASHRAE table (see picture: Loss method in project.jpg) and I have to manually change loss method to be specific loss.

Is there a way to tell Revit that he always automatically uses loss method - specific loss for that family?

Best regards!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
brane1012
in reply to: brane1012

Nobody knows? :S

Message 3 of 3
Iev60047
in reply to: brane1012

Hmm, I get the same result as you. I think this may have something to do with the identity data (OmniClass Name and Number) of the damper. Not sure though to be honest.

Damper_Identity_Data.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report