Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
420 Views, 4 Replies

Dual Monitors

The office I work at just upgrade computers, we now have dual monitors. Where can I learn more about setting up Revit for dual monitors? Anyone have any tips?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Really, the only way to use Revit on both is to just stretch it across both monitors. Just make sure your video card settings aren't set to force application windows to one monitor or the other. You can usually also setup application specific settings so your Revit can span across but explore has to be on one or the other.

Once you stretch Revit to fill your screens how you want you can use WT if you have multiple views open and it will evenly distribute them but you usually will have to tweak them a bit because of the tool palette and project browser on the left.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi. nVidia desktop manager enables window spanning across dual monitors - just an example...
On the other hand, Revit MEP allows you to have the application main window in one monitor, and the System Browser and Project Browser in the other. It saves you space to work, but unfortunately Revit "forgets" these seetings when you close the application. Next time you start Revit, you have to set it all again....
Overall, dual monitors are still a good way to improve productivity.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

If you get a choice at the start, Revit seems to be more suited to a single wide screen monitor. Some of our users have 24" wide screens, but not me 😞 . Thats a screen the size of an A3 sheet..

I do what he said up there ^ put the browsers on the other monitor.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I switched to duel monitors a week ago. depending on what i am doing i will drag the browser to the other monitor or stretch the screen to the full width and open two view. the advanced settings on your video card will allow you to stretch your screen around both monitors.

If you are to the point in your projects that i am. you will want to open up two sessions of revit and place one on each monitor, this way you con work on two jobs at the same time, so you can sit and wait on both to do something. I have gotten to the point where revit runs so slow on both jobs, this is the only way to be semi productive. Be carefully if you do this, because it will eat your virtual memory, and you have to set the affinity of ech session to a different core of your processor. Can I ask what size computers you guys upgraded to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report