Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw order

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jimevans2305
404 Views, 4 Replies

Draw order

In printing to pdf and reviewing printed documents, draw order is placing architectural background above the hvac and plumbing models. How can we revise? In preview, all looks well, final document looks like the attached. Possibly be our pdf printer?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
abulla
in reply to: jimevans2305

Are you using a reflected ceiling plan view or a floor plan view? Using an RCP view will make everything show up in reverse order, because you're looking up at the ceiling, so lights will appear to be above ducts. Also what is your cut plane set at? I've had the most success setting my top range to the floor above, and the cut plane somewhere above the highest mechanical equipment.
Message 3 of 5
jimevans2305

floor plan view...cut plane below...to show windows, doors, etc.
Message 4 of 5
TexasJetter

As far as I know there is not draw order to Revit (I would love for someone at Autodesk to correct me on this). We have had some success in setting the Hidden Line Views to Raster Processing instead of Vector Processing.
Message 5 of 5
cutiger

I just logged on to do a search to find a solution to this issue. I agree there has to be a solution ( whether already present or in the future) to solve the problem of having the architectural model on top of the MEP work. I would also like to have a hidden line/break gap feature. I have already had to throw all of my companies standards out the window for Revit but I cannot leave it up to the contractor to determine which plane a duct should be on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report