Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Revit system contain Revit building?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
bigbom
382 Views, 10 Replies

Does Revit system contain Revit building?

Is Revit Building a part of Revit System, or do I need to purchase this separately?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: bigbom

Building is *not* part of Systems.

--
R. Robert Bell

wrote in message news:5466018@discussion.autodesk.com...
Is Revit Building a part of Revit System, or do I need to purchase this
separately?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

However, many of the common architectural tools are in Systems.

--
R. Robert Bell

"R. Robert Bell" wrote in message
news:5466076@discussion.autodesk.com...
Building is *not* part of Systems.
Message 4 of 11
bigbom

I live in Norway, so will the Norwegian Revit Building localizer work in Revit System?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

That, I don't know.

--
R. Robert Bell

wrote in message news:5466115@discussion.autodesk.com...
I live in Norway, so will the Norwegian Revit Building localizer work in
Revit System?
Message 6 of 11
Steve_Stafford

To the best of my knowledge no version of Revit exists that supports any Norwegian language yet. If there is content specific to Norway it isn't posted on the Autodesk site. Revit Systems 2 was released to support metric content, among other things. If you can use Revit Systems you should be able to use Revit Building too.

The biggest differences between the two is that you won't be able to make Systems content in Revit Building or place any of the MEP using the workflow found in Systems. Systems lacks the site tools and several important structural features, otherwise it has a complete set of the architectural features that Building has. Each application will not install the content of the other, either 8-)

If you do architecture you probably need Revit Building. If you do MEP work you should get Revit Systems. If you do both you might be able to get away without Revit Building if you don't need site features or structural beams, braces, columns or beam systems.

Does this help?
Message 7 of 11
Bjorn Ove

A little bit, thx

I was told that there was a Norwegian localizer, but apparently it is at the moment a figment of someone’s imagination.

But to clarify my original question: The choice for me is either to get the Autodesk Building System, or Revit System.
And as far as I know, the ABS is based on the Architectural Desktop. So in this package you get AutoCAD, ADT with the ABS. And the AutoCAD and ADT are full versions.

So my question is: Does Revit System contain/come with the full Revit Building in the same way the Autodesk Building System comes with the full Architectural Desktop?
Ore is Revit System based on a Revit Building “light”?
Ore is Revit system a freestanding application with some of Revit Building’s functions?

(bigobm on a borrowed laptop) Message was edited by: bigbom
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Norway. In my company, in Portugal, we are about to use a product named "Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series - Systems Plus 2". It contains Revit Systems 2 (which contains some architectural and structural tools) and also Autodesk Building Systems, that runs on Architectural Desktop, that, in turn, runs on AutoCAD. So you can use each of these procuts individually: Revit Systems 2; ABS, Architectural Desktop, and AutoCAD.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

But it does NOT include Revit Building or Structure.

--
R. Robert Bell

"João Fitas <>" <=?UTF-8?Q?Jo=C3=A3o_Fitas_<>?=> wrote in message
news:5469710@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi Norway. In my company, in Portugal, we are about to use a product named
"Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series - Systems Plus 2". It contains Revit Systems
2 (which contains some architectural and structural tools) and also Autodesk
Building Systems, that runs on Architectural Desktop, that, in turn, runs on
AutoCAD. So you can use each of these procuts individually: Revit Systems 2;
ABS, Architectural Desktop, and AutoCAD.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Hi. Here's an article about differences between Revit Building and Revit Systems:

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2006/06/design-bar-comparison.html
Message 11 of 11
bigbom

Thanks, very helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report