Revit MEP

Revit MEP

Contributor
xxjwilson
Message 1 of 2 (192 Views)

Does anyone know how to place a PDF on a sheet in Revit MEP 2013

192 Views, 1 Replies
10-25-2012 08:35 AM

I have some PDF details from a utility company that need to be included with our construction documents. As far as I can see there is no way of linking or importing an external PDF into Revit. The work around is to create a DWG with  PDF's attached and then link the DWG into Revit.  I'm not to fond of work arounds, and it seems like something Revit should be able to handle natively.

Any suggestions?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (189 Views)

Re: Does anyone know how to place a PDF on a sheet in Revit MEP 2013

10-25-2012 08:53 AM in reply to: xxjwilson

xxjwilson wrote:

"...I'm not to fond of work arounds, and it seems like something Revit should be able to handle natively."

Unfortunately, work-arounds are an essential aspect Revit MEP - there are currently far too many shortcomings and inabilities to accomplish things "properly", with your issue being one good example.

As a possible alternate method (which is still a work-around), can you convert the PDF to an image file and import that?

I'm unsure of how well something like that would turn out, though. I think the .dwg import would still be the best method.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.