Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Walls in Revit MEP 2011

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
timgeiser7138
1825 Views, 6 Replies

Disappearing Walls in Revit MEP 2011

Hello,

I have been having a problem with walls vanishing. As the attached JPEG shows, the zoomed out version (top) does not show a wall, but a zoomed in version (bottom) does. Is there any explanation for this? This is happening on many walls. I never had this problem with the 2010 software. Thoughts? Thanks.

-Tim

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Tim -

My first step would be to try turning off hardware acceleration and see if that helps (R -> Options -> Graphics Tab). You'll need to close and re-start Revit for the setting to apply. If that clears up the issue please post back with your graphics card and driver version.

hth

jason

Message 3 of 7

Jason,

I think that did it. Thanks for your help.

-Tim

Message 4 of 7
mlakins
in reply to: timgeiser7138

Hello, I am having the same issue as described above. I used the same advice and turned off hardware accelation. Upon reopening the file, the problem still exists. I will also add that I can make the walls reappear if I pan, and similarly if I zoom all the way out.

Message 5 of 7
mlakins
in reply to: mlakins

I found a solution... If you toggle "wireframe" to "shaded" to "hidden line (the graphic display in which I was originally in)", it regenerates the model. All walls, views, and prints are fixed. I think it would be great to have a regeneration of model option in Revit sort of like CAD. 

Message 6 of 7
timgeiser7138
in reply to: mlakins

Try updating your graphics card driver.
Message 7 of 7
mlakins
in reply to: timgeiser7138

The problem was within Revit. We opened it on two different computers and my above solution resolved it both times. I appreciate the response!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report