Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Infocenter

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
bvanallen
17065 Views, 10 Replies

Disable Infocenter

I have a slow internet connection (T1) and no need for the infocenter. We can easily disable it in the registery for Autocad, and found the registery entry to disable it in Revit but changing it to 0 doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to disable it for good?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bvanallen

Have you tried going into the InfoCenter Settings (kinda hidden within the pulldowns) and changing to Never check for new online content? I don't know how "for good" that would be.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 11
bvanallen
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yes I did, thanks. I found it by clicking on the little satellite icon in the infocenter toolbar, then the small folder icon. I un-checked all Autodesk Channels, Balloon Notifications, and RSS feeds. I also managed to find another one that may help too by clicking on the top-left "R" icon, then options. Under the general tab, set both Notifications to No reminders.

I'm hoping this will at least prevent our 20 Revit stations from clogging our 1.5mbps Internet connection, but would still like a more definitive solution by disabling the entire InfoCenter all together.

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP

you can do it in the registry

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
bvanallen
in reply to: DarrenP

I did find the Revit entry for infocenter and changed it to 0, but that doesn't seem to work any more.

Message 6 of 11
DarrenP

if that doesn't work i don't know of any other way

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
rene.sommer

Hi,

You can rename the file WSCommCntr3.exe located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\WSCommCntr3\lib folder to another name, for example noWSCommCntr3.exe. When starting Revit, it won't find the WSCommCntr3.exe program and therefore not load the communication center.

Rene Sommer
Message 8 of 11
bvanallen
in reply to: rene.sommer

Rene,

I renamed the file, and even restarted my machine, but the communictions center bar is still loading in the top bar of Revit. Any other ideas?

Message 9 of 11
dennis

I did the steps and yes you are right, the icons and toolbar is still there, but they don't work anymore.  I would suspect that the actual toolbar and icons cannot be removed.  Revit's GUI isn't as 'customizable' as AutoCAD's.

Message 10 of 11
bvanallen
in reply to: dennis

Dennis,

Works for me then. I was hoping to get rid of it entirely but I'm not surprised we cant since there sems to be some sort of a triple redundancy going on here (registry, startup checks, and referenced excel files). As long as it's definetly not going to clog our internet connection then it's good enough. Thanks.

Message 11 of 11
RodCarroll

The previous comments did not help, but I appreciate the effort.  I found what worked for me at - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14863102&linkID=9240657

Search the regeistry for InfoCenterOn and set it to 0.  Finally, after many years I have that space back for my path.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report