Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direction of pipe in a family

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RJK42
1166 Views, 1 Reply

Direction of pipe in a family

I created a generic fin-tube family.  I drew up a model and added 2 pipe connectors, supply and a return.  I added parameters to the connectors - flow rate.  When I select the family I created, I'm able to create a pipe run from it, but when I do I get an error when I draw the run in a specific direction, "The segment is being drawn from the wrong side to connect to the location you indicated."  I would like to be able to create a run regardless of either side and be able to connect to it.  When I'm in the edit family, I select on the connector and it displays in the property browser: :Flow Direction -- Bidirectional". 

How to I get it so I can run pipe on either end?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
aschneider1
in reply to: RJK42

Actually, there is an arrow that will change direction on the Family, when you select the connection in the Family .rfa file.  The Flow direction is not the graphical Pipe direction, but information on the direction which the fluid/gas will go.

Adrianna Schneider, LEED AP
AEC Solutions Engineer

:

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report