Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diffuses Jump after split?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LisaDrago
258 Views, 3 Replies

Diffuses Jump after split?

Hi All - A questions for you... One of my guys was running into this issue - I have not seen it before so I thought i would see what you have found...

He has a duct that has several diffusers placed on it. He needs to split it... no big deal - right... when he does the diffusers move themselves to the other side of the split... What am I missing here. 

I have posted a couple of images showing it. 

Even if they are pinned in place they move.

We are working in '14.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: LisaDrago

Strange. I cannot reproduce this behavior. It looks like it's trying to maintain association with the first segment of the Duct after it is split. Is this happening with all instance of that Family?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It seems to be only with that one duct. I have had him replace it and it is working correctly now.

Really kind of weird.

THanks for your response.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: LisaDrago

In a bit more research by a co-worker - we have found when the diffuser is attached to a duct it identifies with that item number - when you split it the two ducts have two different numbers and the diffuser will stay with the original item number - so it will automatically jump to that duct.

So splitting would not be the best practice - but ending and then drawing a new duct. So this is solved!

Thanks for your help!

LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report