Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail components

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
harinarayana55
1377 Views, 2 Replies

Detail components

Hi all

can we see the detail components of the linked files????

I linked arch and structural files.

In arch file they are using electrical and lighting fixtures as detail components in ceiling plan.To know the exact locations of the

electrical and lighting fixture,  I am not able to see the detail components of the linked files. is there any possible to see the detail components.

detail components are on in both current view and in linked file also.

I am using revit mep 2013.

thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: harinarayana55

The only means of seeing detail items from a linked model is to open Visibility Graphics Overrides, navigate to the 'Revit Links' tab, click on the button under 'Display Settings' for the appropriate link, set the topmost option to "By Linked View", and for "Linked View:" choose the specific View in the linked model that hosts these detail items. This may greatly hamper your ability to control the visibility of the model elements belonging to the linked model.

Note that if you are using Revit 2013 or later, this setting may be controlled by a View Template and thus, you will be unable to change it. In this case, you will have to either modify the View Template or remove it from this View. Refer to Revit Help for more information on View Templates.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
harinarayana55
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi CADastrophe

thanks for the quick help. I was checked and its really cool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report